of $200, $100, $50, three honorable mentions and publication in
Reading period runs April 1 through September 15.
All entries are considered for publication.
endorses and abides by the Ethical Guidelines of the Council of Literary Magazines and
CONTEST GUIDELINES - Printable Version:
- The competition is open to any poet who writes in English.
- Manuscripts should be typewritten or computer-printed on white 8-1/2" X 11" paper.
- We accept hard copies only.
- Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit original, unpublished, free verse, 10 lines to 2 pages.
- Entry fee: $15 for three poems, $5 each additional poem.
- Final judge: Greg Miller
- Your name must not appear on the manuscript.
- Please provide name, address, email address, titles of poems in a cover letter.
- You may include SASE for results and SAS postcard for confirmation.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2013.
- Manuscripts cannot be returned.
- Please no simultaneous submission to other publications.
- Mail manuscript and entry fee to:
Bloodroot Literary Magazine
PO Box 322
Thetford Center, VT 05075
2013 CONTEST WINNERS